AUTHORED BY: CLARA KIRKLAND
Double Chocolate Peppermint CBD Cookie
*Gluten Free & Paleo*
Christmas is in the air! Literally…with the smell of these fresh-baked treats!
Hey everyone! It’s Clara here and I’m calling all chocolate lovers for this next CBD cookie recipe. It is SERIOUSLY one of our favorites here at Treadwell Farms. With its soft, brownie-like center and a sweet touch of peppermint buttercream on top, we are confident this cookie will knock your stockings off! And if all of that isn’t enticing enough, all of the ingredients in this recipe are gluten free and paleo certified. Try them yourself and let us know what you think!
So, without further ado, let’s get to baking!
Double Chocolate Peppermint CBD Cookies
30 Min – Makes 24 Cookies
**1 tsp of Treadwell Farms 1200mg Essential Blend CBD Hemp Extract = 240mg CBD. Each cookie in this recipe contains about 20mg of CBD**
½ cup Vegan Butter
½ cup Shortening
3 ½ cups Powdered Sugar
1 ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
2 tsp Peppermint Extract (or to taste)
1 cup MCT Oil
1 ½ cups Coconut Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Baking Soda
2 cups Cacao Powder
1 bag of Starlight Peppermint Candies
- In a stand mixer, or with a hand mixer, cream vegan butter and shortening until light and fluffy on medium speed-high speed.
- Add powdered sugar and combine completely. Continue mixing at medium speed for 3-5 minutes.
- Add vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Add peppermint extract and mix until combined (adjust to taste if needed).
- Set aside and start baking cookies.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together MCT oil and coconut sugar until completely combined. Add egg, vanilla and CBD oil and stir until mixed.
- Add in the baking soda, salt, and cacao powder and stir until smooth. The dough should be very wet and thick like a brownie batter rather than a cookie.
- Use a cookie scooper to shape cookie dough balls and place on parchment-lined baking pan with a decent amount of space between each cookie.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes until the edges are firm but the center is still gooey.
- While cookies are baking, crush up starlight peppermint candies for sprinkling on top of the frosted cookies, and start on peppermint buttercream (see buttercream instructions below).
- Let cookies completely cool and then pipe or spoon a dollop of peppermint frosting on top of cookies. Be sure to sprinkle on crushed Starlight Peppermint candies as you go, so frosting is not too dry for candies to stick.