Oils on your face? Seems like a major skincare no-no in the pursuit of clear, gorgeous skin – you know, that “no filter needed” kind of skin!
But don’t write off oil cleansers so quickly! Many such cleansers contain soothing and healing ingredients that have people turning to oil cleansing as a way to gently remove makeup, soothe sensitive skin, and reduce breakouts.
Why Use a Cleansing Oil?
The reasoning behind cleaning your face in oils stems from the idea that “like dissolves like.” In other words, putting clean, nourishing oils on your skin aims to help:
- Lift excess sebum, the oily substance produced by glands on your skin
- Clean out clogged pores, like blackheads and whiteheads
- Remove dead skin, pollutants, and makeup
That’s why many makeup removers include oil. Oil can lift oil-free, oil-based, and waterproof formulas off your skin and lashes.
Add the benefits of CBD to the mix, and you’ve got yourself the perfect cleanser to help you wash away the impurities of the day.
Why Use CBD on Your Skin?
We know that CBD impacts the body’s endocannabinoid system. And we’re learning that the endocannabinoid system is responsible for many key functions of the skin, like oil production, pigmentation, pain, and much more. Using CBD directly on your skin may help:
- Soothe your skin, especially inflammation
- Counteract damage from free-radicals
- Improve signs of aging
- Improve skin dullness
- Prevent moisture loss when applied to dry skin
Grapefruit Facial Cleansing Oil
Here is one of our favorite CBD DIY recipes that may help draw out impurities in your skin, leaving your face clean and moisturized.
What you need:
- 60 mL (2 oz) pump bottle, preferably glass
- 2.5 mL Essential Blend CBD oil
- 20 mL Grapeseed oil
- 20 mL Rosehip oil
- 10 mL Apricot kernel oil
- 6 mL Jojoba oil
- 10 drops (¼ mL) grapefruit essential oil
- Combine all ingredients in a 60 mL (2 oz) pump bottle and gently shake to combine.
- Ensure the face is dry.
- Pump a nickel-sized amount of the oil onto your fingertips and massage it into your skin.
- Rinse with warm water.
Let us know what you think about this CBD facial cleansing oil on social @TreadwellFarms!
If you liked this and want more, check out our other recipes at https://www.treadwellfarms.com/blogs/cbd-education/tagged/recipes-and-more.