With the closing of our first month into 2021 and our recently received “Fresh from Florida” designation, it seemed like a hemp CBD Bath Salt recipe was the perfect “Fresh Start” to continue into the New Year! Inspired by Cannabis Cheri’s “Marijuana Bath Salts”, this super simple recipe with minimal ingredients will have you feeling refreshed, relaxed and rejuvenated in no time!
Here are a couple of recommendations before you get started!
- The original recipe calls for ¼ cup of cannabis-infused oil. We recommend using 0.5oz of Treadwell Farms 1200mg Essential Blend CBD Hemp Extract and then fill the rest with liquid coconut oil up to the ¼ cup line. This will also be a little more cost effective. The recipe below reflects these new measurements.
- At first, we used one large mason jar to store all our bath salts. However, we realized that the CBD oil and Coconut oil settles to the bottom of the container as it sits. We decided to divide the bath salts into serving sizes amongst smaller containers to avoid the inconvenience of having to re-mix before each use. This option worked great for us!
- For all of you busy moms on the go (or anyone who struggles to find the time for a little TLC) - you can always mix our CBD oil into to your favorite bath salts sold in stores, such as Dr. Teals. This way you can save the time of making your bath salts, while still giving yourself the self-care you oh so deserve. Keep in mind, it is important to add the CBD to your bath salts and let them soak in BEFORE they go in the water.
Now…It’s time to make some Bath Salts!
Citrus CBD Bath Salts
15 min - Makes about 4 servings (1 cup each)
**This recipe contains about 600mg of CBD in total, making each 1 cup serving around 150mg of CBD**
4 cups Epsom Salts
0.5oz Treadwell Farms 1200mg Essential Blend CBD Hemp Extract (1/2 bottle)
Just under 1/4 cup Liquid Coconut Oil
10 drops Orange essential oil
10 drops Lemon essential oil
*Container(s) to hold your bath salts*
- Using a zester, remove the zest from the orange and lemon, being careful not to zest too deep into the white rind of the fruit. Just the outer layer is needed.
- In a measuring cup, pour 0.5oz of CBD oil. Pour your liquid coconut oil in the same measuring cup until you reach the ¼ cup mark.
- In a large bowl, combine Epsom salts, zested orange and lemon, coconut oil/CBD oil mixture and essential oils. Mix well until combined.
- Divide bath salt mixture into your choice of container(s). We suggest about 1 cup per container which is equal to a typical serving amount.
- Enjoy 😊
AUTHORED BY: CLARA KIRKLAND