If you’ve been following us for a while, you already know we talk about FRESH a lot…
- “Our CBD products are one of the few to earn the FRESH From Florida stamp of approval.”
- “Our CBD products are farm FRESH.”
- “We have FRESH hemp because we can harvest all year round here in Florida.”
The list can go on and on.
If you’re new to us, I’m sure you get the point that being FRESH is important. And now, we’re taking a FRESH approach to processing and manufacturing, bringing you the freshest and most potent hemp product that honors all the parts of the medicinal plant.
We’re talking about Cannabidiolic Acid, better known as CBDA.
WHAT IS CBDA?
CBDA appears in the plant before CBD, as it is the raw, precursor of CBD. Think of the freshest cannabinoid extract from the hemp plant! And bringing this product to you requires a very special process to get the benefits of CBD in all of its forms.
As a living cannabis plant matures, cannabinoids initially appear in their acidic forms. And while there are hundreds of cannabinoids in the cannabis plant grown for CBD, CBDA is the most abundant compound found in that “sticky stuff” on the hemp flower.
In fact, there is very little CBD found in the living plant until it is flowering or fully matured. It is not until the plant is exposed to heat that CBDA becomes CBD, which can happen naturally once it is harvested or purposely during processing. The purposeful process of heating the plant is called decarboxylation. You can read more about this process here, but in short, the heat transforms the molecular structure of CBDA, and it loses its acidic carboxyl.
WHAT DOES CBDA DO?
CBDA is easily metabolized by the body. Recent studies have shown that CBDA may provide relief from inflammation and pain, nausea, seizures, and stress-induced anxiety. Here’s why:
- CBDA has a similar molecular structure to nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Both may help relieve inflammation by blocking the same enzyme, which is associated with inflammation after infection or injury.
- CBDA is found to be a thousand times more powerful than CBD in binding to 5-HT serotonin receptors linked with anti-nausea.
- CBDA could be a powerful anti-convulsive, because of its similarities and interaction with the 5-HT receptors.
- CBDA was found to work in similar ways to existing SSRI inhibitors that are currently used as anti-depressant medications.
Like CBD, CBDA does not get you intoxicated or high. And while CBDA is not inherently THC-Free, our CBDA Spearmint Extract is a THC-free product. Meaning the amount of THC in this product is non-detectable on the lab tests that determine the quality of the product and what and how much is in the product. That’s called a certificate of analysis, which you can learn more about here.
HOW IS CBDA DIFFERENT FROM CBD?
CBDA interacts with completely different systems in your body than CBD does. So together these extracts are the perfect compliment to each other!
Excuse our over-the-counter medicine example, but think ibuprofen and acetaminophen for pain management or fever reduction. Except, this is the all-natural kind!
CBDA does not interact the same way with the body’s endocannabinoid system, nor does it bind directly with the CB1 or CB2 receptors. And while there is still a lot of research being conducted on CBDA, early findings are that CBDA delivers its therapeutic power to the body by interacting with enzymes and receptors. For example, CBDA is found to
- Interact with COX-2, which is an enzyme associated with inflammation.
- Influence serotonin, a transmitter associated with happiness and overall well-being.
So, CBD and CBDA are truly better together, just as they are found in the living plant.
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO USE CBDA?
Like many cannabis products, everyone's experience is different based on their individual bodies and needs. The same is true when it comes to using CBDA products!
For this reason, we strive to provide you with fresh, quality products that offer a variety of cannabinoids and other beneficial compounds!
Together these products may provide more than just one benefit to you. Whether you’re new to CBD or are already finding benefits with CBD products, explore how you can enhance your self-care by adding a CBDA-rich product to your CBD routines.
This product can be used:
- Directly under the tongue, so it bypasses the digestion system and is absorbed directly into your bloodstream through the major glands in your mouth until swallowed.
- Dropped into your favorite beverage like cold iced coffee, tea, or even a cocktail. Just ensure the beverage is not above 248 degrees (which would be really really really HOT anyways!)
- Blended into a healthy shake, giving you the extra boost you need throughout the day
- And so many other recipes and more, just don’t heat it and convert the CBDA to CBD.