AUTHORED BY: DEMPSEY P.
Vegan CBD Banana Bread Recipe
So now that you've learned about what foods will benefit your Endocannabinoid System, let's learn some recipes that incorporate a few of these items! This recipe uses walnuts and flaxseed, chocolate chips, and of course our Treadwell Farms CBD hemp oil tincture! I will also provide some alternatives to the recipe for added ingredients to improve your ECS, some non-vegan.
- For an extra boost to your ECS, you can use a barn raise or omega 3 enriched egg instead of mixing the ground flaxseed and soy milk or water.
- If you prefer, you can use vegan butter instead of oil, just make sure you mix in the CBD oil after you melt whatever kind of oil you choose to use.
- 5 tablespoons of non-dairy milk of your choosing or water
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup oil of your choosing (I prefer coconut oil, vegan butter would work too)
- 2 ripe bananas (about 1 cup mashed)
- 2/3 sugar (white or brown)
- 1/4 non-dairy milk (soy milk is my preference)
- 2 cups flour of your choosing
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (to taste)
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 3/4 cups walnuts & chocolate chips
- 2 droppers full of CBD
Heat oven to 340 degrees F and grease a standard loaf pan.
In a small bowl, combine the ground flaxseed and 5 tablespoons of soy milk. Set aside to thicken; this is your flax egg mixture.
- Measure out your oil. If you're using coconut oil, microwave the oil melt before you place the CBD tincture in the oil.
Mash the bananas with a fork until smooth. Scoop it into a measuring cup to make sure you have about 1 cup mashed. Stir the melted oil into the bananas.
Now add the sugar, additional 1/4th cup of soy milk, and flax egg mixture. Stir with a large spoon until well combined.
Add the flour to the bowl with the wet ingredients, then sprinkle the baking soda, and salt. Stir gently until just combined, making sure you don't over mix. This is very important!
Gently fold in the walnuts or chocolate chips, if using. Pour into the prepared pan, place in the center rack of the oven and bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Flip the direction the pan is facing in the oven about 30 minutes in.
Let it cool in the pan for a few minutes, then transfer the loaf to a cooling rack. Let the banana bread cool for at least 30 minutes if possible, as this will make it easier to slice. Serve and enjoy!