Everyone is familiar with tomatoes, as these densely nutritious fruits are full of Vitamin C, anti-oxidants, fiber, potassium and choline. But have you ever heard of lycopene? You may not be familiar with the word, but you have seen it in action! Lycopene is an antioxidant that gives tomatoes their red color, but more importantly is linked to many health benefits. And do you know what else has been linked to many health benefits? You probably aren't suprised to hear that it's hemp! All the beneficial properties in both tomatoes and hemp compliment and enhance each other when combined. And that's why we call tomatoes and hemp a Perfect Pairing!
You can read more about terpenes HERE.
Try this gazpacho recipe from CBD Chef Mary for a delicioius, easy to make soup that will wow your tastebuds - and keep you feeling cool during the summer.
RECIPE BY: CBD CHEF MARY
Chilled Gazpacho Shooters with CBD
- 1 Italian frying (cubanelle) pepper cored, seeded, and roughly cut into chunks
- 2-3 pounds of diced heirloom tomatoes
- 1 cucumber (8 in long) peeled and roughly cut into chunks
- 1 small mild onion (white or red), peeled and roughlly cut into chunks
- 1 clove garlic - roasted
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Hemp infused olive oil OR regular olive oil - more to taste
- 2 droppers Treadwell Farms 1200mg Essential Blend CBD Hemp Extract
- Combine tomatoes, pepper, cucumber, onion, and garlic in a food processor or blender.
- Add the vinegar and 2 tsp of salt. Very slowly drizzle in the olive oil and hemp tincture until combined. It will turn brightly colored. Add enough oil to make the mixture drinkable.
- Strain the mixture.
- Pour into a container.
- Refrigerate for best flavor development, roughly 6+ hrs.
- If soup is too thick, stir in a few tablespoons ice water.
- Before serving, adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Serve in shot glasses with drizzle of hemp oil on top.
- Rim the glasses with sea salt and a hint of chili flake.